Don't know what to do?
Get free counseling
Are you a migrant student who dreams of living and working in Australia after completing your studies? The Subclass 485 visa might just be the opportunity you've been waiting for. This visa opens doors for international students who have completed at least two years of study in Australia, allowing them to stay, work, and explore the country for a specified period. In this article, we'll delve into the different streams, application conditions, family inclusion, entitlements, and the essential 2-year study requirement of the Subclass 485 visa.
This visa is for international students who have completed at least two years of study in Australia. It has two streams: Graduate Work and Post-Study Work. The Graduate Work Stream is for students who nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists and offers a visa validity of 18 months. The Post-Study Work Stream is for students who have obtained a bachelor's degree or higher and provides a visa validity of 2 to 4 years. Applicants must meet age, language, health, and character requirements, as well as the 2-year study requirement. Family members can be included, and the visa allows living, working, studying, and traveling in and out of Australia.
1. Graduate Work Stream: Ideal for students who have completed a minimum of 2 years of study in Australia and wish to pursue a career in an occupation listed on the Australian Skilled Occupation Lists. To be eligible, the completed study must be closely related to the nominated occupation. Visa grants under this stream are valid for 18 months.
2. Post-Study Work Stream: Designed for international students who have obtained a bachelor's degree or higher from an Australian higher education institution. Unlike the Graduate Work Stream, applicants under this stream are not required to nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List. The length of stay varies based on the applicant's qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree or taught master's degree: 2 years
· Research-based master's degree: 3 years
· PhD: 4 years
Application Conditions: Meeting the Requirements While the Subclass 485 visa does not operate on an invitation-only basis, applicants must meet specific conditions to be eligible for the visa. Here are the key requirements:
1. Age Limit: Applicants must be between 18 and 50 years old when applying.
2. General Skilled Migration Basic Requirements: As with most visas, meeting the basic requirements of English language proficiency, health checks, and character assessments is mandatory.
3. 2-Year Study Requirement: The core prerequisite for the Subclass 485 visa is completing a recognized diploma, trade qualification, or degree from an Australian educational institution. To meet this requirement:
· The course studied must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
· The qualification must have been obtained within the six months leading up to the application.
· The course must have involved at least 92 weeks of study time, spanning over a minimum of 16 months.
· Instruction in the course must have been in English.
· The student must have held a valid Australian student visa throughout the duration of their studies.
Family Inclusion: Sharing the Journey The Subclass 485 visa understands the importance of family and allows for family members to be included in the application. You can add your partner, dependent child, or dependent relative. It's important to note that while you can add your children during the application process, no other family members can be included at a later stage.
Entitlements: Embracing Opportunities Obtaining the Subclass 485 visa grants you and your dependents several exciting entitlements, including:
1. Temporary Living and Working: You can live and work in Australia for the duration of the visa, allowing you to gain valuable professional experience.
2. Study Opportunities: The visa also permits you to pursue further studies in Australia, expanding your knowledge and skillset.
3. Travel Flexibility: While the visa is valid, you can freely travel in and out of Australia, exploring the country's stunning landscapes and vibrant cities.
Overall, the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 offers an excellent opportunity for international students to extend their stay in Australia, gain work experience, and further their education, while embracing the diverse opportunities the country has to offer.
The Australia Subclass 485 visa, also known as the Temporary Graduate visa, is designed for international students who have completed at least two years of study in Australia. It allows them to temporarily stay in Australia to gain work experience or improve their skills after completing their studies.
Two Streams: There are two streams under the Subclass 485 visa: a. Graduate Work Stream: This stream is for international students who have completed qualifications that are closely related to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). b. Post-Study Work Stream: This stream is for international students who have completed a higher education degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate) in Australia.
Duration of Stay: The duration of the visa depends on the stream chosen: a. Graduate Work Stream: This visa is granted for up to 18 months. b. Post-Study Work Stream: The duration varies based on the highest qualification obtained in Australia:
Bachelor's or Master's degree: Up to two years.
Doctorate degree: Up to four years.
Work Rights: The Subclass 485 visa allows full work rights, allowing visa holders to work in Australia without restrictions during their stay.
Eligibility Requirements: a. Recent Australian Study Requirement: You must have completed at least two years of study in Australia. b. English Language Proficiency: You need to demonstrate English language proficiency by meeting specific requirements, such as achieving the required score in an English test (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, etc.). c. Age Limit: There is no age limit for the Graduate Work Stream, but for the Post-Study Work Stream, you must be under 50 years of age. d. Health and Character Requirements: You must meet certain health and character requirements. e. Visa Application: You must lodge your visa application within six months of completing your studies or within six months of the date your final results are released.
It's important to note that visa requirements and policies can change over time, so I recommend checking the official Australian government website or consulting with a qualified migration agent for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the Subclass 485 visa.
Note. PNP nomination=600 CRS points
|Draw No.||Invited.||CRS cut-off.||ITAs issued.|
australia-subclass-485-visa has one of the world's most forward thinking immigration programs. There are multiple programs by which one can apply ot migrate to australia-subclass-485-visa.
Explore what Global Indians have to say about BMC in shapping their future