Don't know what to do?
Get free counseling

USH1B Visa


One of the easiest ways of working in the United States is the H1B Visa. To get this visa, an employer has to apply on behalf of a talented employee. As the visa is issued to specialists, applicants need to hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree and should belong to fields like IT, architecture, finance, medicine, sciences, etc. Best Migration Consultant aids employers who file H1B petitions for their employees. It also helps aspiring employees worldwide to get recruited by companies.


One of the most competitive visas to apply for, H1B visas are in-demand visas for US employers. Because there is a visa cap annually on them, and they are also a pathway to Green Cards, they are the most sought-after visas for those who want to work in the US.

People who successfully petition for the H1B visas can

  • Work and reside in the US

  • Extend their employment period in the US

  • Work for different employers 

  • Take their spouse/partner & children (aged fewer than 21) to the US

  • This visa is valid for three years and provides employees an option to extend it for a period of a maximum of six years.

  • After its validity expires, a migrant worker must either exit from the US or extend it. 

  • If the individual does not comply, that person risks losing his/her legal status and could be deported.

H1B visa cost

The standard fee for filing H1B is currently $460, which is the 1-129 petition.

The fees can be paid either electronically as a bank transfer or in the Form of cash at a designated bank that has branches all over India. After that, create a profile on the US Visa Service website and pick up the scheduled appointment choice to ensure that you pay the correct amount for the appointment to be scheduled timely.

On the payment confirmation screen, you will get payment options and details of how to carry out the payment further. The fee will be applicable for a year from the payment date. You must schedule an appointment within one year of payment for the visa interview.


An H4 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa. Although the visa does issue permanent residency, it gives the holders the right to work visa, study visa, and stay in the US.

Documents required for application

  • Appointment letter for the US visa interview 

  • A passport

  • A photocopy of the passport of the primary visa holder 

  • Photograph of the applicant with the primary visa holder along  

  • Applicant's passport-sized photograph  

  • Online DS-160 form's confirmation page  

  • Receipt of the visa fees from the related bank

  • A copy of the Form I-797 of the primary visa holder 

  • A letter from the employer of the primary visa holder stating the nature of the relationship existing between the primary visa holder and the employer

  • Pay stubs from the current place of work of the primary visa holder 

  • Marriage certificate

  • Birth certificates of children


The L-1A Visa is a nonimmigrant visa issued by the US. Issued by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), this visa is meant for overseas directors or managers who are transferred to the US offices of their company. International businesses that do not have associate offices in the US are also allowed to utilize an L-1A visa to transfer a manager or an executive to set up one there.

There are two types of L-1 visa category, of which the L-1A visa is one. The other is the L-1B visa is for staff who have advanced skills and want to migrate to the US for five years. Once it expires, the applicant may reapply for the L-1 visa as long as the individual is employed with the organization's parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate for a minimum of one year outside the US. 

L1 Visa Requirements:

For an L1 visa, there are requirements both for the employer and employee.

Employer Requirements:

There must be a qualifying relationship between the employer within the US and its overseas branch//affiliate/subsidiary where the applicant is employed. It is done to indicate that the two organizations are affiliated with one another through ownership of one of them or their association.

Furthermore, the employer needs to be conducting business activities in the US and at least one other country when the visa holder is staying in the US.

Employee Requirements:

An applicant must have been employed with an international company for a minimum of one year for three years preceding their entry into the US to be eligible for an L1 visa.

This job must involve participating in corporate, administrative, or technical areas, and the employees' prospective jobs in the US must also be in the same fields.

L1A Visa to Green Card

An L1A visa is a path to acquire a Green Card as it falls under an EB-1C Green Card. It does not need a PERM Labor Certificate, reducing the processing time by up to eight months.

The employer need only file for an I-140 petition to be eligible for the Green Card. If the applicant's petition is accepted, that individual can file for a status adjustment (Form I-485).


L2 visas are given to the dependents of L1 visa holders. The L2 visa is granted to L1 visa holders' spouses/partners or dependents. It is also a nonimmigrant visa.

L1 dependents include:

Visa holders' spouses

Dependent children aged below 21


Short-term visas, R1 visas, are granted to those who wish to work in the United States as religious workers.


  • A Non immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form

  • A valid passport to travel to the United States with a validity date of a minimum of six months beyond your intended stay period.

  • Passport-sized photograph taken within the last six months.


The R2 visa, a temporary US visa, authorizes a spouse/partner or dependent children of an R1 visa holder to arrive in the US. The R2 visa holders may stay in the US as long as the holders of R1 remain hold visas. Once an R-1 person loses legal status, dependents lose their R-2 status.

R2 visa holders can:

  • Pursue a full-time study program in the US

  • Travel to and from the US to other countries 

  • Apply for permanent residency (PR) status

But the R2 visa holder will not be allowed to work in the US.

Documents Required

  • All documents that an R-1 visa requires.

  • Birth certificate for each child

  • Marriage registration certificate

  • Copy of spouse/partner's passport

  • Evidence of financial support

  • Copy of the contract entered into by the employer and the religious worker holding the R1 visa. 


An employer can hire a non immigrant by applying for an H-1B visa to work in the United States. The worker must have at least a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent in their home country), and the position they are applying for must involve the use of specialist skills. Specialist fields would include sectors such as architecture, law, finance, medicine, etc.

Eligibility Points Calculator

Calculate your CRS score

Steps to apply for the express entry program

us-h1b has one of the world's most forward thinking immigration programs. There are multiple programs by which one can apply ot migrate to us-h1b.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

can help ?

To obtain an H1B visa, you require documentation of the highest quality for your petition to stand out. 

Best Migration Consultant (BMC) understands and has experience in ensuring that your application contains all necessary information and meets all standards. Our teams help you in:

  • Work at a subsidiary, branch, affiliate, or parent of the current employer

  • Job Search Assistance in the US

  • Making ready your documentation

  • Expediting Application Processing

  • Fill in forms with documentation & for filing petitions 

The H1B Visa is a game-changer as it allows aspiring immigrants to travel to the US. BMC helps you utilize this opportunity fully with our end-to-end support that begins with helping you search for a job, visa application, and more. Reach out to us today to know how we can help you.

Looking for Inspiration

Explore what Global Indians have to say about BMC in shapping their future