Don't know what to do?
Get free counseling

US Study Visa


The United States of America is one of the leading destinations for students worldwide to pursue higher studies. This North American country offers a vast scope for students from different streams to pursue higher education in their chosen fields. As it is the world’s richest economy, new talent is required every year to develop further. 

Therefore, many graduate students from all over the world flock to the US each year to pursue advanced-level education in several disciplines. 

Best Migration Consultant (BMC) offers dependable support that students need for studying in the US. We have spent years understanding the ins and outs of the US education system and, therefore, have a lot of experience with how its student visa process works.


That the US universities provide a very stable platform to international students is evident from the fact that their high rankings make it advisable to study there. The American education system offers one of the most exhaustive course works to students by emphasizing both practical and theoretical learning.

The other reasons why the US attracts students are as follows:

  • Education that is moderately priced

  • Multicultural society 

  • Excellent support system for foreign students

  • Secure communities

  • Access to internships and scholarships 

  • Vibrant campuses 


US universities can be broadly divided into two categories: public-funded universities and private educational establishments.


 Tuition expenses of foreign students at state-run schools are relatively inexpensive compared to those at private universities. This does not include the student visa fees. You will need to pay $20,000 to $50,000 annually, depending on the program, for your tuition fees if you study in the USA.


Included in the QS World University Rankings 2022 are some of the following US universities.

Global Rank
1Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
3Stanford University
5Harvard University
6California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
10University of Chicago
13University of Pennsylvania
Yale University
Columbia University
20Princeton University
21Cornell University
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
25Johns Hopkins University
30Northwestern University
32University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
40University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
42New York University (NYU)
48University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
52Duke University
53 [tied]
Carnegie Mellon University
60Brown University
67University of Texas at Austin
75 [tied]
University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
85 [tied]
University of Washington
88Georgia Institute of Technology



US universities have three intakes per year. 
Intake 1: Fall Semester – It begins in August or September and is the most popular intake.

Intake 2: Spring Semester – It begins in January or February.

Intake 3: Summer Semester – It begins in May or June.

You can opt for an intake that is convenient for you and apply accordingly. Ensure you meet the deadline to submit applications a few months before the commencement of the semester. You will also need to plan to apply for your US student visa so that it will synchronize with your college application process.

  • Students must be aged over 18.

  • Foreign students can work within the campus for up to 20 hours a week or less during their academic sessions and full-time during the breaks, including the summer and winter.

  • To work outside the campus, students need to get written or documented permission issued by either the United States Citizenship or immigration Services (USCIS) or the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS).

  • You must legally be enrolled as a student on an F-1 student visa in the US for at least one year to be eligible for any type of employment outside the campus.


You must have the following to apply for a US student visa:

  • A passport with a validity of at least six months further than the duration of your stay.

  • Recently taken passport-sized photographs.

  • Confirmation page of DS-160, the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form.

  • Form I -20, also known as Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.

  • Payment of application fees for Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

  • Your educational institution will let you know of additional requirements if any before you apply.

Eligibility Points Calculator

Calculate your CRS score

Steps to apply for the express entry program

us-study has one of the world's most forward thinking immigration programs. There are multiple programs by which one can apply ot migrate to us-study.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

can help ?

BMC, the dream achiever to study in your desired university in the US.

  • Avail free counselling session from experts to help you choose the right university in the US.
  • Provides expert coaching services, which helps you to ace your compulsory test results (IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT, PTE and TOEFL) in our live classes. It will help you score better and study in the USA.
  • Course Recommendation Services is an advantage that counsels and guides every student in the proper direction and helps you to study in the US.
  • Advices every student to navigate in the right direction during and after the study program in USA.
  • USA Student Visa, get counselling and advice from proven expertise to advise you in all the steps.
  • Course Recommendation services, get unbiased advice that puts you on the right path to success.

Looking for Inspiration

Explore what Global Indians have to say about BMC in shapping their future

USA Study Visa - Chittamireddy Harish

Chittamireddy Harish got his US Student Visa. He would like to share his journey with BMC

USA Study Visa - Naveen Kumar

Naveen Kumar Reviews Student visa application USA, saying he was happy with BMC Services Team as they provided good services in all aspects.

USA Study Visa - Meghana Killi

Meghana Killi Feedback On Her USA Study Visa Processing by BMC Services where she Pleased very much.

Frequently Asked Questions

With F-1 Student Visa, its possessors can enter the US to study full-time at a recognized school/college/university/seminary or any educational institution. On the other hand, an M-1 Student visa allows its holders to attend vocational or other non academic courses. 

The F2 visas are issued to F1 visa holders’ dependents, including their spouses/partners or children.  

A relative or any other guardian, who is either a citizen or permanent resident of the US, can sponsor you by filling out the USCIS Form I-134, a Declaration of Financial Support.